Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week 43: Sunday, October 24th, 2010

So last week the weather was absolutely beautiful here (a stark contrast to this weekend, where is has been miserable all day today). To try and capture the fall colors, I went out to Lemoine Point, a conservation area just east of Kingston.

So this week's shot is of an Inuksuk, a stone sculpture usually built by people who live in the north of Canada and across the Arctic circle. My non-Canadian readers might recognize this as the logo from the Vancouver Olympics. For more about them, check out the Wikipedia entry here. Following the Olympics, they've really exploded in popularity, and just behind this one to the right, there are three more people had made there.

I took a ton of pictures on my hike, and you can check them all out in the Lemoine Point album on my Picasa page.

From Project 52

No comments:

Post a Comment